2018 Beach Sr Rugby Schedule
Following games include Beach 1 and Beach 2
Beach 2 KO 1:30 on Sat, Beach 1 at 3pm
Regular schedule ENDS on Aug 11 !!! This is followed by a NEW tournament in
Aug.Seeding for Tourney based on Regular Season placements.Relegation based
on this Tournament.
McCormick Cup Starts Sept 08– – Cup Final Sept 29 ( No Rugby in October!)
McC Cup seeding based on tournament placements!
The new CEO of Rugby Ontario has MANDATED this new, changed schedule,
despite protestations from many Sr Clubs. The RO AGM is in April which allows
NO time for discussion or change. Voice your opinions directly to RO!
Sat May 12 Lindsay @ Beach 3pm At Birchmount Stadium
Thurs. May 17 Beach @ Scottish at Fletchers 7pm
Sat May26 Beach @ Peterborough 3pm
Sat June 02 Brantford @ Beach 3p
Sat June 16 Beach @ Oakville Crusaders 3 pm
Sat June 23 Irish @ Beach 3 pm
Sat July 07 Beach @ Stoney Creek **** This game will be changed as it is Beach
Rugby Volleyball Day!
Sat July 14 Beach @ Lindsay 3pm
Sat July 28 Scottish @ Beach 3pm
Sat Aug 11 Peterborough @ Beach 3 pm
END of Regular Season! New Tournament to Follow. McCormick Cup starts Sept
08—Final Sept 29.
Balmy Beach Senior Men currently runs 4 Competitive Teams:
- The Firsts are defending Provincial or McCormick Cup Champions!.
- The Twos had a wonderful undefeated league season only to narrowly fall in the Championship Cup match!.
- The Threes also went undefeated in league fixtures but were advanced into the seconds level of playoffs where they competed well but just missed the championship final.
- The Fours lost 2 games during the season and were successful in winning the Toronto and District Championship. Should there be enough players, a Fifth team could be added.
- Players are selected for the respective teams on a weekly basis after Tuesday Training.
Senior Player Registration (must be over 18) in 3 Steps:
1. Decide you would like to play and then come, with your checkbook(!) to either a practice at the Docks(Saturday Afternoons) or outdoors at Coxwell and Eastern when the temperatures are warmer, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. (Check the website contact page for maps.)
2. a. You MUST become a Member of the Balmy Beach Club, either as a student or senior member. Rates vary re-category and initiation fees. See a coach or team administrator for information.
b. The BBC then pays your Rugby Canada and Rugby Ontario fees on your behalf and you then have the use of the Club facilities.
3. Complete and sign a Rugby Canada Registration Form and return it to a team administrator. Forms will be at the pitch or at the Balmy Beach Club.
NOTE: Junior Rugby is a bit different re-registration, please do NOT confuse the two!!!
The Balmy Beach Senior Women
The Balmy Beach Senior Women compete in the Toronto Rugby League and lost only once and ended the season as division Champs![/titled_box]
Senior Player Registration Link